Upcoming EventsMore events >
In the next two years the number of rail cars carrying oil into the Bay Area is forecast to increase 20-fold to 200,000. Five refineries in the East Bay process heavy crude oil and some are planning to bring in Canadian tar sands oil. Refiners and oil companies are also trying to be excluded from the California’s primary climate law known as AB 32.
Latest Blog PostingMore blog postings >
- Climate Cartoons
- A climate scientist, an economist and a politician walk into a bar, and…well, if you follow the news about climate change, you know it’s no laughing matter. But there were plenty of...
- Texas Governor Rick Perry: Energy Independence In America
- Some might see a room full of San Francisco activists as enemy territory for a Texas conservative. But at a recent Commonwealth Club event, Texas Governor Rick Perry welcomed the challenge, airing...
- GMOs: Necessary in a Hot and Crowded World?
- Technology is everywhere – in our phones, in our cars and now, in our corn flakes. Biotechnology promises weed-resistant crops, bigger yields, more food for a growing population. But are...